The Forgotten Temple is one of the first trails monkeys enter. It has two versions, which are accessible at different points in the game.
Weird, unexplained occurrences have recently been reported from the direction of The Forgotten Temple. The local inhabitants of Noogo Village are too fearful to step foot in such dangerous territory – they’re looking to you for help in discovering the root of such strange events!
Both versions of the Forgotten Temple are Crossroads trails.
A temple so old nobody remembers who built it. What dark secrets are hidden inside?
- 1 Forgotten Temple (Tutorial)
- 2 Updates, Additions and Changes
- 3 Trail Quests (2011)
- 4 Tips & Hints (2011)
- 5 The Forgotten Temple (Hub)
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
Forgotten Temple (Tutorial)
Forgotten Temple is first seen in the tutorial. Its name is the same as the hub rendition of the trail, except that there is no 'The' before 'Forgotten Temple'.
There were many changes to the tutorial from 2011 to 2014. Subsequently, Forgotten Temple was changed frequently.
- Trail Access Point: Noogo Village
- Trail Recommended Levels: 1-5
- Quest Required: None
- Exclusive Quest Items: None
- Idols: None
- Shadowy Spiderlings (2011)
- Cragcrawlers (2012)
- Shadow Spider (2011-2013)
- Spiderlings (2013/2014)
- Rachnok (2013/2014)
Updates, Additions and Changes
|1-3 Healing Potions||Instantly|
Forgotten Temple received some minor changes in 2012. Loch was no longer a part of the trail, the Shadowy Spiderlings were replaced with Cragcrawlers, and the quest item had a new look. The loot tables for the green chest were also updated.
|Sturdy Oak Armor||Instantly|
Forgotten Temple throughout 2013 and 2014 was nearly identical to each other, although were strikingly different compared to the previous Forgotten Temple renditions. Forgotten Temple was also combined with Noogo Village in 2013 and 2014. Any area after the Rachnok boss fight is considered to be part of the 2013 and 2014 Forgotten Temple.
|Sturdy Oak Armor||Instantly|
|Shiny Red Apple||Instantly|
Trail Quests (2011)
- Supplies for Loch - Rilan (Onko) wants you to deliver supplies to Loch the archaeologist. He is in The Forgotten Temple. Reward: 150 / 10 / 5 Shiny Red Apples
- Mysterious Quest - The Mysterious Warrior needs you to recover a Purple Shard in The Forgotten Temple, and then find Mayor Bumbee in the Crossroads. Reward: 150 / 10
- New Guardian - Loch needs you to talk to the Guardian Willow at the Forgotten Temple. Reward: 150 / 10
Tips & Hints (2011)
Shadow Spider - Someone, or something, has sent a nasty Shadow Spider to block the entrance to the temple! Don’t fret – the Mysterious Warrior has offered to distract the monster by jumping on its back and tickling it. Watch for the tickling and attack when the spider rears back, revealing its soft underbelly.
Don’t miss out! - Those delicious banana bunches might at first seem out of reach, but take a look around before leaving them behind! Use the drum to hop up on the ledge above, giving you a perfect shot at the target pad. Use the Slingshot to hit the target and gain access to the bananas!
Get Creative - Can’t seem to get a shot on that pesky Rachnoid above the Purple Shard? Get creative and let it come to the edge of the platform. Jump off the rope and Super Stomp to damage the Rachnoid and rebound back to the rope. Rinse and repeat.
The Forgotten Temple (Hub)
After finishing the tutorial levels, the tutorial Forgotten Temple is no longer accessible. However, the hub version of the level is by monkeys on or above level 5. Added in June 2011, the Forgotten Temple allowed for much more game-play and story to take place in Monkey Quest.
The Guardian Knights claim the Forgotten Temple as their home.
- Hub Access Points: Crossroads Path, Guardian's Keep, Knight's Gate
- Level Required: 5+
- Quest Required: Warning Mayor Bumbee or The Legend Of The Staff or The Tribe Choice
- Key or Membership: None Required
- No one knows how old the Forgotten Temple is or who built it.
- This area is a level in the Tutorial.
- On June 3, 2011, it received a makeover for The Return of the Guardian Knights special event. That makeover made it a path where you see other monkeys, and large crystals were added there that block your path back to Noogo Village.